Monday 7 May 2007

'Gambling'

I am guilty of putting an odd pound coin on Saturday's lottery and in my first job from leaving school, there was a tote every year for the 'Grand National' horse race. But, as the lecture suggested isn't life a 'chance' and I have a dream of winning the lottery, which is one chance in how many millions? Be realistic. However, Insurances, such as house and car insurances are law though. This is a serious subject when it comes to people making a life project out of it, my dad for one, frightened me when I was a child and my best mates' mother gambled something chronic. Both of us remembered that the front room became a 'betting shop' for the day - the racing channels were on as loud as possible, the room smoke filled, we hated every Saturday. Which actually, people relate this addiction as a disease for those who must have a generic gene for an addiction, because otherwise I just can't understand, why someone would risk all - family etc.
Reference: Gambling. (no date) [Home page] [online]. [7th May 2007].<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling#Psychological_aspects>.

No comments: